Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Very, Very Late Post -> Matt in Maryland

Finally! Jeff and I made it to Maryland...
I just wish I took more pictures when I got there...



Well, I apologize for not getting this up sooner. I finally made it to the East Coast! I have been in Maryland for the past two days or so. Jeff and I slid into Washington D.C. Sunday evening. After dropping Jeff off at his hotel, I went to my house in Hyattsville, MD to meet my roommates. It has been a lot of fun over here. I have 6 roommates in our 6-bedroom house (I share a room with one of them and I am the last guy to show up). Dan, Ken, Scott, Ryan, Paul, and Stan (the guys call him Papa Stan since he is at least 10 years older than the next eldest here) are great guys. We all work on the same base, so it will be fun to hang out with these guys.

Yesterday was my first day at work. I spent most of my time getting my security clearances and getting oriented with the facilities. Today, I received my objectives for the next 6 months or so, and met the rest of key people in my division. So far, it has been a good experience. The army research facilities are really nice! Back at my new residence, I am still getting unpacked. I hope to pick up the rest of my packages from UPS soon. I will hopefully have more pictures posted soon.

No comments: