Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Day Visiting Chicago

Me in front of the Field Museum in Chicago

An attempt to capture a part of Chicago's skyline

Me in front of the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago

The closest I have come to a beluga whale
(I could see its blubber jiggling!)

Soldier Field in Millenium Park
(I parked my car underneath it!)

Aunt Jane, Jeff, and I at Aunt Jane's house
in Indiana


I spent Friday, June 13, 2008 in Chicago and checking out the waterfront. In the very small area I spent the entire day, I was able to only get a flavor of the city. I had the opportunity to visit a couple of the really big attractions in the city, but not nearly enough to really get a good feel. I guess that's all you can do in a day trip. The traffic in the city was not as bad as I had expected it to be. It was moving at the very least.

I had a chance to go to the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium within Millenium Park on the Chicago waterfront (Lake Michigan). I didn't even have the chance to see everything in both of those places. I did my best at the very least to see the big things in those great venues before wandering around outside to see the park and some of the city. It was definitely a lot of fun, and next time I am in Chicago, I hope to see more of the city.

After our day trip, Jeff and I returned to his Aunt's house where we were treated to our first home-cooked meal in a week. It was a wonderful dinner and we had a chance to talk for awhile. We were both very thankful for her hospitality. It was my first time in Indiana and my first time in hot and humid weather, but it was definitely a wonderful visit!

No comments: